Thursday, April 7, 2011

Boards

HOLY COW! No spring break this year, it was boards week instead. Wed. March 16 was the anesthetic board day. In the morning we had the written test. If you passed then you moved on to the clinical test later the same day. I passed, whew! That afternoon I was one of the last to take the clinical test. When it came to my turn I was ok until I got my patient in the chair. Then I was all nerves. I have never shaken so much giving an injection before! I think I just had so much adrenalin going through me from it being such a long day! I was so happy to get that purple slip of paper with the Success Memo at the top of it!
Friday March 18 was hygiene clinical test day for me. The only thing I was nervous about there was my patient showing up. He was in Los Angeles when I talked to him on Monday but assured me he'd be there on Friday. I gave him a big hug when I saw him walk through the door! He was so nice and was trying to keep me calm. I feel like I did well. I couldn't feel anything afterwards while exploring or flossing so let's hope I'm right! They say it can take up to a month to get our results back so we're all patiently waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello to whomever is reading this! My name is Linda Wood. I have been married to a wonderful man, Bryan, for 18 years now. We have 2 daughters, McKenzie 15, and Ainsley 12. I am currently in the Dental Hygiene program at Weber State University planning on graduating Spring 2011. That is what this blog is all about.